CS402 Intro. to Logic, Spring 2011
1. Class starts on Feb 8
2. No class on Feb 10 due to KCSE conf.
3. No class on Mar 1 (natl. holiday)
4. Mid term exam on Mar 29 9:00-11:59 AM (Tues) (closed book)
5. No class on Apr 12 (due to the KAIST policy for the recent tragedy)
6. Quiz on May 3rd (LTL semantics)
7. HW#4 due is extended to May 5th 23:59
8. No class on May 10 (natl. holiday)
9. Students interested in URP on software verification are welcome!
10. Final exam: May 31 (Tues) 7-10 PM
11. Please, evaluate the CS402 class in this semester before/on May 20.
- Instructor: Moonzoo Kim
Office: 2434 (located at the east wing)
Office hour: TBD
- Teaching assistants: Shin Hong and Hak Yeol Choi
Office: 2438 (located at the east wing)
Office hour: Tues, 7:00 - 10:00 PM @ 1st floor PC room (a.k.a eve room)
(reservation e-mail would be preferred)
- Lecture room: 3444 (5th lecture room)
- Lecture hours: 9:00-10:30 Tues/Thur
- Grading: attendance & quiz: 20%, HW: 30%, midterm exam.: 25 %,final exam.: 25 %
- Late HW is accepted with 20% penalty in 1 day, 40% penalty in 3 days. HW will not be accepted after that.
- Late attendance is considered as 1/3 absence, so to start class on time.
- Note: The official language in the class is English. All students should submit homework and exam in English.
- CS 402 BBS at NOAH : All class attendants are encouraged to write questions or comments on the class at the BBS.
- Main text:
- "Mathematical Logic for Computer Science" by M.Ben-Ari, Springer, 2nd Edition
- "Logic in Computer Science" by M.Huth and M.Ryan, Cambridge university press, 2nd edition
- Ch 2-3
- Recommended reading list:
- "A Mathematical Introduction to Logic" by H.B.Enderton, Academic Press, 2nd edition
- "Logic and Structure" by D.V.Dalen, Springer, 4th edition
Wk 1: Introduction
- Feb 8: Administrative Introduction
- Feb 15: “Intro. to logic (1/2)”
- Feb 17: “Intro. to logic (2/2)”
- Feb 22: Propositional logic - semantics (1/3)
- Feb 24: Propositional logic - semantics (2/3)
- Sep 14th: Propositional normal forms
- Mar 3: Prop. logic application: A SAT solver-based model checking a C program
- Mar 24: Predicate logic - semantics (1/3)
Wk 8: Midterm exam
Practical application: SMT solver and Concolic testing
- Apr 14: Predicate logic - semantic tableau (1/2)
- Apr 19: Predicate logic - semantic tableau (2/2)
- Apr 21:Predicate logic - undecidability
- May 12: Temporal logic - alternating bit protocol,
- HW#1: Due Mar 22 23:59
- All solution should be submitted in hardcopy except DIMACS CNF formula that should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAT competition 2007 (look at input format section)
- The Quest for Efficient Boolean Satisfiability Solvers
- Cygwin : a linux-like platform for Windows
- MikTek : the best typesetter for mathematical/logical formulas
- CBMC : A bound model checker based on SAT solver for C programs
- Table of mathematical symbols from Wikipedia