CS402 Intro. to Logic, Spring 2013
- No class on Mar 19 and 21 due to ICST 2013 at Luxembourg
- Make-up class on April 1 (Mon) 8:00 PM at Rm#114
- Help desk for HW #1 on April 9 (Tuesday) 7:00 - 9:00 PM at Rm# 2438, CS building (E3-1)
- The midterm on April 30th 09:00 - 10:20 AM @Rm 113, N1 (김병호 IT)
- No class on May 23 for ICSE 2013
- Make-up class on May 30 (Thursday) 08:00 - 10:30 PM @Rm 113, N1 (김병호 IT)
- The final exam on June 21st (Friday) 7:00 - 9:00 PM @Rm 113, N1 (김병호 IT)
- Instructor: Moonzoo Kim
Office: 2434 (located at the east wing)
Office hour: Tues/Thurs 5:00-7:00 PM (e-mail reservation preferred)
- Teaching assistants: Shin Hong and Seokhyun Moon ( email@example.com )
- Lecture room: N1 (김병호IT) Rm#113
- Lecture hours: 9:00-10:30 Tues/Thur
- Grading: attendance, quiz, class participation: 20%, HW: 30%, midterm exam.: 25 %,final exam.: 25 %
- Late HW is accepted with 20% penalty in 1 day, 40% penalty in 3 days. HW will not be accepted after that.
- You should submit both hadcopy and softcopy. Missing either format will receive 10% penalty.
- More than 8 absences of class will get F grade
- Late attendance is considered as 1/3 absence, so to start class on time.
- Note: The official language in the class is English. All students should submit homework and exam in English.
- CS204 Discrete mathematics
- basic understanding of Unix/Linux shell and utilities and C programming (this course does NOT provide support for tool installation and error handling during tool usage)
- CS 402 BBS at NOAH : All class attendants are encouraged to write questions or comments on the class at the BBS.
- Main text:
- "Mathematical Logic for Computer Science" by M.Ben-Ari, Springer, 2nd Edition
- "Logic in Computer Science" by M.Huth and M.Ryan, Cambridge university press, 2nd edition
- Ch 2-3
- Recommended reading list:
- "A Mathematical Introduction to Logic" by H.B.Enderton, Academic Press, 2nd edition
- "Logic and Structure" by D.V.Dalen, Springer, 4th edition
Wk 1: Introduction
Mar 5: Administrative Introduction
Mar 7: “Intro. to logic (1/2)”
Mar 12 : “Intro. to logic (2/2)”
Mar 26, 28 : Propositional logic - semantics (2/3)
Apr 2: Propositional normal forms
Apr 4 : Prop. logic application 1: How to solve Sudoku?
Apr 9 : Prop. logic application 2: How to Test/Verify my C program?
Apr 30 : Midterm exam
May 9 : Predicate logic - semantics (3/3),
May 16 : Pred. logic application 1: SMT lib
Pred. logic application 2: Concolic testing
June 4 : Temporal logic application: model checking
June 11 : Temporal logic - branching time logic (1/2)
June 13 :, Temporal logic - LTL, CTL, and CTL*
- HW1: due Apr 11th 23:59
- HW2: due Apr 25th 23:59
- HW3: due May 2nd 23:59
- HW4: due May 23rd 23:59
- HW5: due June 6th 23:59 (hw5.pptx)
- HW6: due June 21st 23:59
- SAT competition 2007 (look at input format section)
- The Quest for Efficient Boolean Satisfiability Solvers
- Cygwin : a linux-like platform for Windows
- MikTek : the best typesetter for mathematical/logical formulas
- CBMC : A bound model checker based on SAT solver for C programs
- Table of mathematical symbols from Wikipedia
- Z3 SMT solver tutorial